Ads 468x60px

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Meeting People and Dogs (rant)

We went out for dinner yesterday to Chris' friends house. And boy was it a nice house! The wife is a hygenist and she is the breadwinner (only one income) and that house was $450,000 and they are our age, with two kids! I have to say that I was a little jelous when I first walked in. But I also have to say that I am very contented in the lifestyle that I lead. And I enjoy being at home with my son. Her two kids couldn't say that mom was most focused on them because she was at work all the time providing for the family. And hey, it is whatever works for your family. I am sure Chris would like to be a stay at home dad as well. The thing is that I would have never gotten pregnant if I knew that I was unable to stay home. It just wouldnt have happened.
Chris is certainly getting on my case more and more. He really wants a dog or fish. What he really wants is to spend money on something that I will end up having to take care of. And no, I dont clean the litter of my cats because honestly, I forget it even exists, I am way too busy looking after Keenan to care about stinky cat litter. Here is the reasons I dont want a dog:
1) they smell. They have the worst breath ever and are always breathing on you.
2)they lick kids faces. Soooo gross. I cant stand this, I think any animal licking you is gross.
3)the whole walking thing. I can just see it now. we have our 2nd kid who has finally fallen asleep and I have to wake her/him up and get them all dressed in winters finest to take the dog out for a pee in minus 30 because we dont have a backyard and I am the only one home because Chris is on shift at Nakoda.
4)loss of Freedom. I have already lost most of my freedom from having Keenan, I dont need to lose more and not be able to spend the weekend at my moms when chris is out of town because I have to take the dog out for a walk...3 times a day.
5)barking. Irritation. oh the baby is asleep and someone just walked past our house? No keep barking kids dont need naps.
I think thats all. Chris says that I am selfish and that I always ruin his fun. So annoying.
Why would I take something on that would just make have to do more work? We alreasy have 2 cats, which can be really annoying at times and sometimes I wish that I had never gotten them. Not saying that I am not attached jus tsaying that the amount of work, feeding vacumming up tonnes of hair, can get tiresome and I really dont need it, especially if I am choosing to have 3 to 4 kids.
Getting off my soapbox now.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Followers

Networked Blogs