Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sibling Rivalry

I just finished reading Siblings Without Rivalry, it really only took me 3 hrs (uninterrupted!). The basics concepts of the book were really well laid out.
The only real issue that I had with the book was that it is really hard to use the concepts on a 2 year old and 4 year old. Both get way too upset to really listen.
Most of the concepts talk about using words and understanding and working things out with little parental suggestion.
Something along the lines of "I see two sad children, who both want to watch different TV shows, can you both work together to figure out how both of your needs can be met?"
I think that perhaps with a 5 - 20 year old that could work, but a 2 and 4 year old....they just get too angry.
They dont understand that their actions have any consequences for other people.
I really enjoyed this book though and would suggest it to other parents for a sneak peak on what to say when their kids get a little bit older. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Followers

Networked Blogs