Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Melts my Heart

Here is a nice story for you all.

Today was a difficult day for me, as Keenan was up really early (for
me) and it was a long day. (no nap)

It seemed as the day got later and later he was just pushing all my
buttons (except I really shouldn't have been doing laundry when he is
awake)...

So I finally get him to go down at 10:15pm, and was getting annoyed
with him that he would not stay laying down, that he would just keep
talking, and singing.

I kept telling him, "head on your pillow Keenan. It is bedtime,
goodnight Keenan." I was feeling really exasperated. (and SUPER hungry).

Keenan then proceeded to put his head on my chest and said "mommy best
friend"

I said, "mommy is your best friend?"

He said, "uh huh. mommy best friend."

My heart melted. I said "you are my best friend too." I then didnt
care how long it took him to fall asleep, as I was content just to
hold my little guy for as long as he needed.

I love when they give you a reality check.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Followers

Networked Blogs