Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Light Turns On

I belong to a pretty progressive parenting board and have been a member for over 4 years. There is lots of discussions on a variety of topics. Recently we had a discussion about homeschooling, outlining many of the questions that I have put up on this blog. Today one of the very wise mama's posted, "Not homeschooling kindergarten because you're not sure about homeschooling Chemistry 30 is sorta like not breastfeeding a newborn because you don't want to breastfeed a toddler or preschooler, no?", in regards to my concerns about Homeschooling teens.

Can I just say, Wow.

Really. This one post has put all of my questions, all of my concerns all of my thoughts at rest. (It might help that she is a professional writer....) It is just so clear. One day at a time.

That is all we really can do as parents. We only know what we did at the time, and we always do the best that we can. So why worry about 18 years down the road?

Meet your child where they are and support them and the rest will follow.

Thank you M.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Followers

Networked Blogs