Ads 468x60px

Friday, February 06, 2009

Homeschooling

So I have been grappling with this for a while.
I HATE the public school system. I have for a great while. I don't believe that all kids fit in the same square hole. I would love if we took the time to figure out what learning style our kids had and then give them the tools to learn in the best way...sadly that is not the way it goes and boys seem to suffer more than girls.
So, Keenan is in Preschool and I really don't feel like he is getting much out of it. (I should really go chat with his teachers...) so I have been thinking homeschooling...but I know TWO people who are not complete freaks...or should I say they seem normal.
I have joined these other two groups for homeschooling and the parents on there are so fricken "know it all" isn't homeschooling about learning with your kids...and giving them freedom? Not restrictions? Not to mention I have a massive personality clash with a huge homeschooling proponent. The fact that my child(ren) would have to learn alongside some of these people makes me crazy, but then again, homeschooling, unschooling or traditional schooling all have thier quirks and quacks!
(So what on earth do I do now?)

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I am in the same boat. Dave is completely set on homeschooling, but I am the one who will have to do it... And we both have issues with the public school system. But homeschooling is such a big undertaking and responsibility. And I have the typical concerns with that too. We can't afford private school. I just wish I could pick my child's teachers! Although I have heard that Calgary is the best place in Calgary to homeschool. I would definitely find some kind of coop, and hopefully the other parents are cool. One big draw to homeschooling for me would be learning things all over again myself too! I was too stressed all though school to retain most of the actual things I was taught...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Followers

Networked Blogs